And I've said it before, but boy-oh-boy does the foodiesphere have a huge sweet tooth!
I love the new discoveries. One unexpected example is the delicious restaurant Lisl and I went to last night, which I never would have pulled from the Manhattan haystack save for a recommendation from Stacey over at Stacey Snacks, who I met through Foodbuzz.
In no particular order, here are a number of blog recipes from the last couple of weeks that I want to try later when inclination strikes. This isn't meant to be any kind of "best" list or any of that nonsense - just things that caught my eye that I will forget if I don't write down.
- Tamarind Trees: Peng Poh Nyoat Bongkeea - Stuffed Tomatoes
- Artsy Foodie: Memories of Socca (chickpea crepes)
- Smitten Kitchen: kefta and zucchini kebabs
- Simply Recipes (guest posted by Steamy Kitchen): Shrimp Fried Rice
- Leftover Queen: Italian Style Mac n' Cheese (I looove Mac and Cheese variations. Here's my favorite version)
- 101 Cookbooks: Curried Bean Salad (I was also excited to learn about the heirloom bean provider Rancho Gordo, and am waiting for my first delivery to arrive!)