I've also noticed that there's a lot of folks in the foodiesphere who are really into baking, and even more into desserts (which I almost never make, but they do make for awfully nice food photos).
Part of my exploration consists of working my way through various blogrolls, and accordingly a whole new "food" category has been growing in my RSS reader. I have also enjoyed discovering foodbuzz.com, and have slowly been getting the hang of it. My interactions with the FoodBuzz staff have been very positive -- they seem to truly care about building the community, which strengthened my desire to participate more actively.
As I run into great recipes from other foodies, I am going to save links here so that I can find and try them in future:
- Chefs Gone Wild: Ricotta Gnocchi with Guanciale, Fava beans, Peas & Chanterelles
- Fritter: Sunday Ceviche
- A Good Appetite: Molasses Brined Pork Chops with Roasted Corn Salsa
- Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once: Zucchini Falafel
- Eric Ripert (I love that he's blogging): Mustard Crusted Salmon Fillet
- I Found Happy: Spicy Hummus
- Epicurious (Bon Appetit): Asian Avocado Salsa